• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

NO MORE INTRUDING the U.S.

Trump bans 7 Muslim-majority countries

Meilin Gomera, Author

As of 2017, President Donald Trump banned approximately 218 million people from entering the United States. Trump banned people from Muslim countries to enter the United States for at least 90 days following an executive order from the White House. A senior from the White House broadly stated how this was just the “first step” toward establishing an extensive ban.

The executive order included 7 countries; Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from being permitted in the U.S. territory. Those 7 countries were named in a 2016 law concerning immigration visas as countries of concern. CNN news reportedly stated, “But the executive order also makes clear those seven countries are just a starting point for a likely broader ban.

The order exempts diplomats and members of international organizations from the ban”(Bans citizens of 7 countries). Meaning, banning these countries is just the start, how the order will promptly emerge from different countries, which pumps up the population of more people not entering the United States.

Who is Donald Trump to be able to establish the movement of Muslims not being able to enter the United States? Yes Donald Trump is our president, but presidents would want everyone to be treated fairly and equally. Martin Luther King Jr, and other activists did not put their lives in risks to not have what they dreamed and work for, which was to be every race, religion, and skin color together. Trump can not put a wall between other nationalities blocking them away from entering a country of the free. I mean, isn’t America the “country of the free”?
Trump should not and can not ban Muslim majority countries! It does not matter if he is the president, if he establishes a ballot and the majority of the country votes to lock down Muslims from entering North America, he can not do that!