• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

Better Together

Kat Von D Cosmetics and Too Faced Cosmetics collaborate to create a new eyeshadow palette

Hanin Ibrahim

In August 2016, Kat Von D and Too Faced cosmetics announced they would be creating an eyeshadow palette together. This palette will be launching in December 2016 and it will be called Better Together.

This palette will include 6 new shades on each side. Too Faced “Better Than Sex” mascara and Kat Von D “Tattoo Liner” will be included with the palette as well. The left side (Too Faced’s side) will include 6 neutral colors such as browns and taupes and also a pink shade. The right side (Kat Von D’s side) will also include 6 shades; 4 neutrals, 1 black and 1 red shade. This palette will cost $65 dollars with all the listed items included.

Kat Von D and Jerrod Blandino, the creators of Kat Von D Cosmetics and Too Faced Cosmetics decided to start this collab to demonstrate to their fans that working together is the best way to work. They wanted people to learn from it and work with one another to create amazing things.

In Kat’s letter that is included with the palette, she wrote, “To me, this collection represents something much bigger than lipstick and eyeshadow. This is a love letter that we have created together – dedicated to all of you – in hopes that it inspires love, kindness, and compassion… Because together, we are truly better,” to Jerrod Blandino.

In Blandino’s letter, he wrote, “We aren’t competitors, but cheerleaders for each other, celebrating each other’s successes and triumphs while offering each other a safe place to land when things get tough. In our industry of beauty it’s incredibly rare to have a fellow founder befriend you, especially one your company is compared to. This makes our friendship that much more unique and precious. I am happy to finally be able to share our love for each other and what we do with the world!,” to Kat.

Overall, this palette was created to bring two brands together and show everyone that 2 minds are better than 1 and that working together pays off.