• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

“Not My President”

Anti-Trump protests erupts all across the nation.

A crowd marches in protest of new Republican president-elect Donald Trump on November 12, 2016. The election of Trump as president has sparked protests in cities across the country.

Getty Images

Getty Images

Amira Saied

The 2016 election devastated over half the nation. Following November 8, thousands of Clinton supporters took to the streets of major cities such as Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, and others to protest Republican President Elect Donald trump in hopes of getting him out of office.

During his 18 month campaign, Trump has been repeatedly called a racist xenophobic misogynist man for his actions and beliefs causing many to fear what would happen if he became president. When results came out, riots erupted all over the country from New York to California.

The protesters are upset about Trump’s policies on health care, immigration, LGBT, the environment and have said they will continue protesting till January 20 and may continue after according to CNN. Spencer Smith, a protester in Atlanta told CNN, “I’m out here for my undocumented friends,” as he held a “build bridges, not walls,” sign.Vermont Senator, Bernie Sanders told USA Today, “We have a First Amendment. People are angry. People are upset. And they want to express their point of view that they are very frightened, in very, very strong disagreement with Mr. Trump, who has made bigotry the cornerstone of his campaign.”

Trump has commented calling the protestors, “paid professionals,” but later tweeting, “Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!”

Clinton supporters weren’t the only ones present at the anti-Trump protests. Trump supports came holding signs that read, “lock her up.” They also haven’t been silent about Trumps Victory. Charlie Kirk, a Republican Conservative tweeted, “When Obama was elected, we didn’t cry and burn stuff down, we waited 8 years & protested in the ballot box. #TrumpRiot.”