• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

Playing for an “Extra Life”

Brandon Ramdayal, Author

What did you do this weekend? Do some homework? Hang out with your friends? What if I told you that over the weekend of November 7-8, a group of Infinity Institute students, aka the Immature Allies, participated in a 24 hour gaming marathon for charity? Yep, that’s right, 24 hours non stop full of playing video games, all to benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals like the Children’s Specialized Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ, the hospital that the students were playing for.

The event was streamed live on www.twitch.tv/theimmatureallies from November 7 8:00 AM to November 8th 8:00 AM. Popular titles such as Halo 5 Guardians, Call of Duty Black Ops III, Just Dance 2016, Mortal Kombat X, Dungeons and Dragons and many more titles were played in the marathon. The event was held in the household of Brandon Ramdayal, who was this year’s team captain. Many of Infinity’s finest attended the marathon, like Justin Flanagan, Parshotan Seenanan, Raghib Khan, Austin Woo, Riken Pena, Jon Cristobal, and even one of Infinity’s alumni made it to the event, Raphael Cobarrubias.

So far, this group of students have made about $200 to help benefit the Children’s Specialized Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. More donations are expected to come before the end of the year, when all donations are due to the Extra Life foundation. Last year and the year before, the Immature Allies managed to raise about $1000 in total for the Children’s Specialized Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ, and they are looking to hit $2,000 this year.
Austin Woo, one of the original Extra Life team members had this to say about the event, “For me I feel like this Extra Life is a wonderful thing, as it combines two things that I love to, play video games and give to charity. Sure, the event was tiring, but it was felt really knowing that I was alongside my closest friends and whoever was tuned into the stream, united for one cause, to help heal kids through the power of video games.”