• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

A Spirit Week to Remember

Daniyal Chaudhry, Staff Writer

It was a week with many different fun filled activities including Infinity Institutes first annual homecoming dance which culminated spirit week. This year’s spirit week ran from November 17th to November 21st. Day one was “Wacky Tacky” day. Many students attended school dressed as wacky as ever while some male students even came in a dress! Day two of spirit week was “Twin” day. Most students were paired up with their bff as their twin.The teachers even got in on the fun by all wearing matching red tops and black bottoms. The third day was “Favorite Books Character/ Superhero” day. A lot of students chose to dress up as superheroes and villains. After, was “Favorite Sports Team” day! Students dressed to represent their favorite teams and athletes. The last day was class color day. The freshmen were assigned yellow, sophomores orange, juniors red and the seniors wore black.

On Friday, Mrs. Franco hosted Infinity Institutes Annual Pep Rally which was a spectacular way to top off  the school day. There were many competitions such as the volleyball tournament, 3 point shootout, cheer competition, and obstacle course. The seniors came in first place, the sophomores were second, the juniors were third and freshmen were last. The sophomores won the three point shootout against the seniors and the cheer competition. The seniors won the obstacle course as well as the volleyball tournament against the freshmen. After the activities, the students enjoyed the DJ and showed off their dancing skills. Overall, the pep rally was a great time for the students, faculty, and staff.

After school Infinity hosted their first ever homecoming semi formal. That night, the students danced with friends and indulged in desserts and treats. The homecoming king and queen, Varun Bhandari and Nawal Wajed, were crowned. Many couples were there enjoying themselves and the students and teachers danced till the night ended. Some teachers donated snacks for the students such as cookies and cupcakes. The students really did enjoy the slow dancing after the king and queen were announced everyone coupled up and it was really memorable for all. It will really be a homecoming for Infinity to remember.

Overall spirit week boosted the spirits up for Infinity students and staff. Also, the students put their competitive nature to good work by seeing which class could donate the most canned goods and coats for St. Paul’s Church food pantry. Student Keyshawn Jagroop said ” Spirit week was a way to express ourselves in a fun and fashionable manner, but still be able to attain a proper education.” Sophomore Gretchen Casingal said “It was an enjoyable and fulfilled week. I know I really enjoyed the pep rally.”