• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

Homecoming Dance 2014

Jazmin Hoffman, Staff Writer

Stars were not the only thing twinkling when the lovely couples made their entrance into the 2014 Homecoming Dance. The entire setup was a success. Mrs.Franco, the event coordinator, attended as well to watch all the hard work unfold. It was known that it would be a memorable night for the Phoenixes of Infinity.Candle lights twinkled throughout the gym. The glow on the dark curtains gave off gold ombre colors. Everyone seemed ecstatic. Laughter to gasps of awe seemed to circle the room when long wedding like dresses, beautiful fluffy ball gowns and short sheek skirts were escorted by handsome young men in fine dress pants, shirt, and ties.

“It felt more like my dream wedding then homecoming,” states junior Andrea in a slim fit , gorgeous dress. “The work that was put into decorating this place, Its all a bit surreal.” The poll box became full of votes, signaling the time to announce the names of the Homecoming King and Queen, Nawal Wajed and Varun Bhandari. Desserts and goodies were served on glass trays and a ray of glittering, warm light seemed to bounce off of the glass onto the tables and dance floor. The tables, draped in gold were decorated with pine cones, fall leaves, and mason jars filled with candles. The students danced with rhythm and glee as the night flew by.

Towards the end of the night, it seemed that the opulent chandelier had whisked its romance over the entire room. As the last song of the night played, even those who came alone had begun to slow dance with a partner ending the dreamy night.