• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

Beginning of the End

Senior Class of 2015 Embraces the Final Stepping Stone to College

Triston Tejada, Editor

It only feels like yesterday when the Class of 2015 began their freshmen year of high school, just as it feels only like yesterday when we were taking notes in our U.S. History class, whilst at the mercy of Mr. Peterson’s Bloom Taxonomy. “Bloom with Bloom!” he’d exasperate to the top of his lungs, as we would scavenge for a few extra minutes of socializing before Mrs. Shearwood’s Intro to Art class, or Mrs. Spivack’s Biology class.

But nonetheless, the current senior class did just that over the course of three years: bloom with bloom. What seemed to be scattered plots in our lives have now formed a straight line into what we hope will be our success. And now here we are, on the precipice of our future, applying for colleges, scholarships, grants, and other means of mapping out what we hope to attain in adulthood.

Being that it is only the beginning of the end, we are still convincing ourselves that we have endless time at our disposal. 

However, in reality of the matter, we have mere seconds compared to how incredibly fast the past three years have gone by.”

We have yet to feel the magnitude of what will soon be our permanent departure, but our class has never been more unified than it is at this very moment.

Unfortunately, as hectic as the school year has been for all students of Infinity thus far, there seems to be no time to cherish these final moments before the baby birds leave the nest created by the almighty Phoenix. There’s no time to say goodbye.

The concept of Bloom’s Taxonomy has continued to be drilled in our heads for so long, to the point where it is impossible to grasp its true meaning. Bloom’s taxonomy is a way of distinguishing the fundamental questions within the education system. It is named after Benjamin Bloom, who chaired the committee of educators that devised the taxonomy.

Now how can we apply this to our everyday lives? Simple. Rather than become Socrates and answer by asking, we must ask about ourselves, and answer through living. Find the errors in our actions, manage our time to prepare for the future, and make our cap and gowns worth as much an Olympic gold medal. In short, we must “bloom with bloom.”