• January 3Monday 1/16: No School (MLK Jr. Day)

• January 3Half Day for Students: Wednesday 2/8

Ladies, Let’s Talk Uniform.

How to Spice Up Your School Uniform

Natasha Small, Staff Writer

Ladies, your school may have many restrictions on what students are allowed to wear and sometimes that can feel a bit impersonal. The only way to break free of the conformity is to use what you can to make your uniform more “you”. This mindset can now give you so many more options than just a uniform shirt and pants; however, be wary of how far you go in your modifications.

Pants & Skirts

The way you dress should be a representation of you. When it comes to uniform, you kind of have to adjust a bit to get it to where you would like. One way to spice up your uniform is to switch up your bottoms. At Infinity Institute we are already given the option to wear black or khaki bottoms, so the color option in itself gives you room to change up the way your uniform looks. You can wear skirts instead of pants. Leather skirts have been really prominent on the runways, so why not wear a black leather skirt? Yes, the colder weather is hitting us so skirts may not seem as appealing, but with skirts there is always the option to wear tights. Tights come in many different designs and textures to play around with so with this option there is no reason for your uniform to be boring.

Scarfs & Sweaters

As the cold weather approaches, scarves and sweaters are hot trends that keep you warm. There are so many different fabric choices for scarves; chiffon, woven, knitted, etc. You can wear many of these options throughout your school day and stay within the guidelines of the student code of conduct. Along with scarves, sweaters are always on target with fall and winter trends and the coziness is an added bonus! There are various sweaters and cardigans to wear that could make you warm and cute. You could wear a zip-up sweater for a more casual look, a cardigan for a cuter, more girly look. A blazer is always a great choice if you’re feeling a bit more professional one day or even a pull-over sweater with your collar peeking through for a preppy look.

Jewelry

When it comes to customizing your uniform, jewelry is your best friend! With the mass amounts of jewelry sold at budget friendly stores like H&M, Forever 21, Charlotte Rouse and other stores of that nature, there is no reason for you to feel like options are limited when it comes to jewelry. Your earrings, necklaces, and bracelets will be the easiest and most stylish way for you to make your uniform your own.

Uniforms are used to keep schools united, but you can stay united while adding your own flare and showing off a little bit of your personality. You are you for a reason and individuality is a right to all.